Gutter Services Hickory NC
Many homeowners don’t realize that gutters and downspouts are a vital part of their home. By directing water runoff from the roof away from the foundation, this system serves as the first line of defense against foundation cracking and basement or crawl space flooding. A properly functioning gutter and downspout system also protects siding, windows, doors, walkways and landscaping from water damage.
Gutters are meant to take water away from the foundation of your house. Without gutters, water would sit on the roof and eventually seep into the house through cracks in the foundation. Cracks in the foundation can lead to all sorts of problems like mold, mildew, and even structural damage.
Gutters are available in a variety of materials including aluminum, plastic, vinyl, and even steel. Each material has its own set of pros and cons. For example, aluminum gutters are lightweight and easy to install but they can dent easily. Plastic gutters are inexpensive but they can crack in cold weather.
When it comes time to clean your gutters, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to remove any debris that has accumulated in the gutters. This can be done with a garden hose or a pressure washer.
Next, you’ll need to flush out the gutters with water. This will help remove any remaining dirt and debris. Finally, you’ll need to rinse the gutters with a garden hose to remove any soap residue.
Gutter maintenance is an important part of keeping your home in good condition. By taking the time to clean your gutters on a regular basis, you can prevent serious problems from occurring.
Gutters allow water to be redirected away from your house into the yard. Insuring gutters are in the proper working order is crucial to the longevity of your home. If the gutters are too clogged then water has no where to drain causing the debris to become compacted which may cause the gutters to bend or fall completely. All these problems can be avoided by having you gutters cleaned and serviced every couple of months.
Our Gutter Services
- New Gutter Installation
- Gutter Repair & Replacement
- Seamless Gutters
Gutter Contractor Hickory NC
Gutters and downspouts are available with more options today than ever before. A Plus Roofing can help you make the right choices for your property, then provide expert replacement service.
- Material. Common gutter materials include steel, aluminum and copper. Aluminum gutters are the most popular option because they are durable, affordable and versatile. However, copper or steel gutters may be more appropriate for a historic home.
- Style. Gutter profiles include the popular K-style profile common with aluminum gutters, and the half-round profile.
- Size. K-style gutters are available in six-inches for roofs with drainage areas that are especially large or steep.
- Color. Aluminum guttering comes in a rainbow of colors to coordinate with your exterior. The finish is factory-applied so the gutter does not have to be painted after installation.
- Gutter guards. This popular upgrade helps to prevent gutter clogs and overflow, preventing water damage and reducing the need for gutter maintenance.
- Downspout extensions. An extension may be necessary to carry water runoff an adequate distance from the home.
Gutter Specialists Hickory NC
A Plus Roofing has extensive knowledge and installation experience to help you with your next gutter repair or installation project. To get started with an estimate, call us at 828-851-6440.
Get in Touch
PO Box 11362
Hickory, NC 28607
838 State Farm Road Suite #1
Boone, NC 28607
1391 Zacks Fork Road
Lenoir, NC 28645
Connect on Social Media